Friday, November 15, 2013

NaNoWriMo

I - I've a bit of a confession to make. And a bit of an apology.

As of now, I have quit my NaNoWriMo novel to write another project.

NaNo was too stressful for me to keep up with - I should have known it, I should have known that my anxiety is too much to have me successfully write a novel AND deal with school and live and people and et cetera - but I AM still working on something. I've got another novel idea, one that I think has much more "heart", so to speak, than the last idea did. And given that I'm only setting myself a 1,000-words-a-day daily wordcount (as opposed to a 2,000-words-a-day daily wordcount), I think I can make it. And the subject matter is something that will prove sort of relaxing/enjoyable/pleasant for me (while still making for a good plot, of course).

Sometimes, you've just got to know when to give up, you know? And here you go. This is me knowing when to give up. This is me trying to ignore my limits for the who-knows-how-manyth time and of course being pushed too far. This is me knowing what to do with my time regardless. This is me taking what, for me, was a stupid idea and making it better.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment