Monday, June 4, 2012

Pretentions, why I write, and webcomic links.

Question: Why do I think I'm an actual writer? Answer: Because I write stuff. It's as simple as that. Well, it's also because I have an inflated ego that makes me see practically everything I do as "official work", and the fact that I've had work published before just enhances that viewpoint, plus I want to imagine myself as being extremely productive and useful and my view of life allows writing to fit into that grand scheme of things, and I don't want to see myself as insignificant and silly. But yeah. Because I write stuff, we can go with that.


Another question, then: Why am I writing a webcomic? I mean, I'm a quote-unquote actual writer. Why am I spending my time with something that's only going to go on the internet?


I'll tell you why. Because people see webcomics. It's not just stuff for the sci-fi and speculative fans who just seek this stuff out as a hobby. I'm not making it obscure and unreachable for people (which is how it would be if I had actual pieces published). I'm making it so that I can tell people, "Hey, I have an interesting webcomicy thing now", and show them where it is online. I'm letting people find it. I'm possibly even entertaining some people and giving them something awesome to joke about with their friends. You know why I write, yes? So people can have inside jokes about my stuff. That's the highest form of compliment I can have. That and people drawing fanart of my stuff. Except I doubt many people will do that. But hey, it's worth a shot to see if I can get stuff like that. I'm trying.


So yeah. Webcomics. So people can read it and have inside jokes about it.


Also, if anyone's interested, the link to the site can be found here. Stay tuned, folks. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment