Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Webcomics, pretending, and projects.

I'll be writing a webcomic. Whoever thought it would have come to this? I'm writing a webcomic.

I thought about doing comics in the past. The reason they didn't work out so well is because I don't like the format. I'm not good at drawing as small as you'd have to draw in comics, and I'm not good at visually depicting a series of events or scenes. However, this will be formatted as a series of drawings with associated text, much like a picture. The comics name will probably be Alters, but I'm calling it "the picture book for grown-ups" at home. Although it's not really for "grown-ups" so much as "older kids". The main characters are teenagers.

I have devised a beginning for it, though. It goes as such:


Every child plays pretend. There is something remarkably appealing about forgetting the reality of who you are and becoming someone else for a while.

Most kids stop when they're older, but some don't.

Some keep pretending to be other people into their teenage years. Sometimes even beyond.

The best way to play pretend, however, is with other people.

In childhood, it's easy to find such playmates. It gets harder in one's teenage years.

Some use computer or video roleplaying games. Some, however, are lucky enough to have friends who share their love for pretending.

Imagine, if you will, three kids - barely kids anymore, as they are now in their high school years - who never stopped pretending. Their names were -

Luce Lynnerre -

Jonathan Cruz -

and Danny Markham.

They'd all tried writing stories at some time or another, but the most fun was in pretending to be the people they wrote about.


That's all I've got so far. There's going to be pictures. Obviously. That will come later, though.

Also, I've not given up on The Smallest Weird Number, no matter how I want to. It's gradually coming along. I wanted to write 500 words a day. That's not happening. But I am writing a couple sentences a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment