Thursday, May 3, 2012

May 3 - Finishing, uncertainty as to what to write, and total lack of focus.

I am very nearly done with writing The Week of Dreams. As in, I have maybe three or four more pages to write. And maybe not even that. It's been a strange month writing it. It took me a year to write a novella in 2011. I'm making up for it by writing another in a month.

I don't really know what I'm going to write after this. I know I said I'd write All the Madmen, and I also know I have to write part of a novella that I'm giving the working title of The Good Doctors. (The "Good Doctors" are a type of magical person in the story. Basically magical healers who are written as a good counterpart to vampires. Though it doesn't read like vampires at all.) I'm doing that as part of a creative project for an assignment. (Basically do something creative based on Gothic literature. A good counterpart to vampires, most of the scenes take place in a creepy house at night with moonlight and Gothic-y sorts of things, a semi-reference to The Fall of the House of Usher...you get the picture.)

I'll try to write All the Madmen. I may have trouble because it's "too close to home", in a sense (everything that happens in it is based on something that has happened to me or that I predict could happen to me). Some of the bad things are happening (or re-happening) to me over the summer. Furthermore, I've grown in a very short period of time to associate it with someone I know (even though I've associated it with other people and I've had the story around much longer than I've known this person). I'm going to lose that person before the summer begins (probably won't see her again), and I don't know how it'll feel for me when I write it. (And, knowing me, I'll probably dedicate it to her. Why am I always dedicating things to people who I'll probably never see again?)

I don't know what I'm trying to say with this. I have other things that I intend to say (largely playing off of why I don't know what to write), but I'm going to save them for later. For now, I'm just going to say that I'll write something. I'm unfocused today. I won't say any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment