Saturday, September 1, 2012

What became of my writing and what will become of this blog.

I was actually writing up a huge giant post about why I haven't been doing this blog so much, why I didn't end up writing anything over the summer (much less the stories I was talking about here), and why I haven't had any fiction published yet. I was going to give you all a detailed explanation so you knew what was going on inside my head and so that I seemed like not a temperamental, narcissistic writer but just a narcissistic one (if we go off of the assumption that railing on about yourself is narcissistic; I'm assuming that because I'm honestly not very good at telling if I'm taking up too much of someone's time when they didn't want me to do so).

But. I'm not going to do that. I'm going to summarize it and say it was because I was taking my writing far too seriously (instead of not seriously enough, although I have done that at times). I don't want to talk about it. See, there's me being temperamental again. I don't want to talk about it.

(That said, I am writing something, and I personally think it's a very good something. I'm only about 5,000 words in, but it's a story I've had in my head for a very long time that I haven't properly gotten out because of changes regarding people and things that shaped its existence. I'll tell you all about it later. I think it's the sort of thing quite a few people would get excited about.)

As for this blog. I've decided I'm not going to talk about writing anymore. No. Talking about writing just made me upset (because I don't like talking about it, usually, and it just makes me upset to think about what's going to happen to it). It just fostered a sense of glum monomania and I didn't like it. So instead, I'm going to use this blog to show what kind of person I am when I'm not writing. I'm going talk about a lot of things here. They just won't involve writing. This means I'll rail on about non-writing related subjects, my own life, and things in-between. Also, as sort of a self-challenge, I will make an attempt not to bring writing or the creation of fiction into my blog posts. Let's see if I can possibly do that.

Well, now you know what became of my writing and what will become of this blog. It'll be fun, probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment