Sunday, December 9, 2012

A good day and a number of ways to say "let's do this thing".

The poem I sent to Romania got accepted yesterday. I was happy. I wanted the bragging rights. I wanted to be able to say, "Hey, guess what? I've got something that was published in Romania." Very soon, I shall have the right to do so.

They wanted a picture from me. Well, two pictures. They wanted to publish it with my poem. I didn't have any good pictures, so I got my sister to take a bunch of pictures for me. Then my little cousins wanted to take pictures of me, and their work was actually really good. I sent the Romanian people two pictures that were taken by the two little cousins who got to handle the camera. It was kind of a surreal experience, somehow, to send two pictures taken by a seven- and five-year old to a literary magazine in a foreign country. 


Yesterday, I also made cookies with said little cousins. Well, I decorated them. The cookies, that is, not the cousins. I made a gingerbread man that looked like the Fifth Doctor and some circular cookies with the TARDIS and the word "Allons-y" and 3D glasses on them. I express this fact to the world and I am not embarrassed. It's a sort of childish thing to take pleasure in, and I possibly enjoyed it more than they did, but I'm not ashamed to admit it. Life is too short to not make Whovian cookies with little cousins. Life is also too short to do these things and not post it to your blog that no one reads.

I had a really nice day yesterday, really. Which was good, because that was a thing I needed. I've been needing more nice days lately. My days come in three flavors - nice, bad, and dull - and "dull" is by far the most common. The dull days don't make me hate my life, but they do make me like it less and less. They keep making me feel as though everything I do is slightly futile. And yes, the dull days are usually comprised of the things everyone else does on a regular basis, and I probably ought to get over it and be as well-adjusted as everyone else, but I just feel useless on the dull days, and I don't think everyone else is quite as obsessed with doing good for others or being sure their actions are all for others' benefit as I am. I may or may not have talked about this in a previous blog entry, about how I'm obsessed with doing good for others with every action I take. It's an impossible goal, yes, but since I always fail to reach the goals I set, it's nice to think that, if I aim for perfection, I'll probably reach something close to it (even though I don't succeed). I guess I just needed an enjoyable day to remind me that life isn't always dull, even though I didn't help anyone through my enjoying of life.


In other news, I'm considering occasionally posting some of the drawings I do on this blog. I'm not sure if anyone else would want to observe them (especially since, as I've iterated before, no one reads my blog). But, on the other hand, since no one reads this thing, it doesn't matter what I put on it. Besides. As I said last blog (and have been saying to myself relatively frequently), carpe diem. Or, as the idiotic kids of the nowadays say, YOLO. Or, as the Tenth Doctor says, allons-y! Or, as I often say, "We're doing this, man. We're making it real!"

No comments:

Post a Comment