Monday, December 10, 2012

In which I am invited to write about John Lennon.

Well. I got some really quite exciting news today. The mother of an acquaintance of mine has a publishing company that is working on an Apple iBook called “A Lennon Pastiche”. It’s about John Lennon (who hopefully needs no introduction here) and what his work and life mean to various fans. There’s going to be a “page” for each fan, and there’s going to be text, art, music, videos, etc. involved (it’s going to be this awesome interactive-like thing).

Anyhow. My friend’s mum asked me through means of an e-mail if I’d like to participate in the making of this (she is aware that I am good at writing and that I like the Beatles). I said yes. I haven’t fully discussed with her what I intend to put on my page, but I’m planning on writing something about him, obviously (specifically about his particular ideas and thoughts contributed to making the Beatles pretty much the most-renowned band in the world and how you can learn some things about his own life through listening to the songs) and a psychedelic-style piece of art depicting him. I haven’t done psychedelica for rather a while, but I don’t think it’s one of those things that one really forgets how to do (or at least this is true of me, I think).

A notable thing about my involvement with this project is that I’m going to be the only member of my generation to contribute to it. (I’m eighteen, for those who did not know.) I really feel rather honored; I think the younger generation has a lot to say about the music of the past in general, and it’s quite telling that the Beatles and John Lennon are still just as popular with us as they were in the past. (Okay, not exactly as popular. But much more than you’d expect.)

I have a feeling that this may be my Big Break (capitalized for emphasis). This is going to be published by Apple. Apple is rather big. People shall be reading this. People shall know the name of Jude Conlee. I rather feel that publishers may even be impressed by this. I don’t have to really explain why this is an exciting opportunity. I’m really excited about this. I really am.

1 comment:

  1. I'm very excited as well -- looking forward to your contribution.

    ReplyDelete