Sunday, June 16, 2013

Acceptances and self-publishing

I am pleased to announce the acceptance of two poems of mine (titled "Underwhelming" and "stolen stage") to an Australian online and print litmag called Otoliths. Its website can be found here. And in less immediately-exciting but still similar news, a poem of mine (titled "Actual Glue") will be published in a Singaporean online litmag called Eunoia Review. With this, I believe I'll have had six acceptances from foreign publications. Six. I'm proud of myself, I really am. I've got this huge doofy grin right now from thinking of it.

And in other writing-related news, I am definitely earnestly looking into self-publication for my novella, The Week of Dreams.  I'm currently thinking I'll publish it through Lulu (a site on which you can self-publish books and things). I'm right now at the point where I'm trying to figure out how the thing is going to be formatted, i.e. fonts and margins and stuff. Fonts. I never could get the hang of fonts. I'm getting there, though, and I've even got an artist for the cover of the book. (Granted, this is someone I know personally, so it's not as though I've done anything as cool as hire a pro artist but art is art.) So it's coming along reasonably well.

I feel so great about my writing. Really, I feel like I'm a great place with my writing right now, and it's fantastic.


No comments:

Post a Comment