Monday, April 9, 2012

The first post, the one that explains everything.

It's been a long time since I've actually blogged. It really has. I used to maintain a blog some years back (when I was...what, thirteen, perhaps? That's a strange thought). Most of it was amusing anecdotes about my little sister, random thoughts and sayings, and semi-sarcastic fan remarks about Pink Floyd. (Incidentally, I still like relating amusing anecdotes about my little sister and random thoughts and sayings. And I still like Pink Floyd, though I haven't been producing so many semi-sarcastic fan remarks since then.)

But I digress. This blog is called "In which Jude writes", which is what I'm talking about here. Or trying to. Those of you who know me know that I am a writer, and that I take this idea somewhat seriously. (As for those of you who don't know me...I honestly don't know how you found this blog, and I know even less why you're bothering to read it.)

Furthermore, the ones who know me will also know that I try to write novels. Yeah, emphasis on "try". But I came up with a beautiful system with which to help me actually write novels. The system is called "1,000 words a day" and "In which Jude writes". That is, the strategy of writing 1,000 words a day (obviously) and maintaining a blog about writing.

The idea of the writing blog is that, not only will I be able to measure my own progress, I'll also have people comment on it and tell me things like, "Yay, Jude, you're an awesome writer!" or "You call that 'progress'?" or "Dude, your narrator's middle name should totally be Alberto." (I don't know, Alberto was the first name I could think of.)

I'll blog about novel-writing (especially a novel/la that I'm working on right now, tentatively titled "The Week of Dreams"). And poem-writing. And short story-writing, though I don't do much of that. (I should fix that.) But I will blog about writing. And I will hopefully stay on track most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment