Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Outlining and NaNoWriMo.

"Outlining and I have heard each others' names before. I believe we once attended the same meeting and even shook hands. (What we shook hands on, I shall never remember.) But we never developed a proper relationship, and if I need the help that outlining can provide, rest assured I will not receive it."
- Something I said about outlining earlier today.

I was talking to a friend on the subject of National Novel Writing Month. We are considering doing it on some level. I'm going to take a story idea I currently have (which of the story ideas, I'm not yet completely sure). I have already written some scenes for it (whichever one I choose), and I am in the process of writing some scenes for it (again, whichever one). So I'm not completely starting from scratch, but I've decided to embrace the idea that I can do the parts of it that I don't want to do and just do the parts I want. That is, I can write 50,000 words in November, but if I want to include some words that weren't written in November, that's fine, too. I am seriously just doing whatever I want here.

I have nothing more to say on the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment