Monday, May 13, 2013

A conversation I had with my aunt today, over how depressed I was and how I started cracking up over something dumb:


Me: "Depression is like having all the emotions yelling at you at once but you don't feel them. And then one of them yells really loud and you hear what it says coherently only you don't actually FEEL it, you just do one of the things it'll tell you to do."
Her: "I see. That's how I feel about your mom's death. [My mom died two months ago.] It's like all my feelings are yelling at me."

Me: "Yes, but are you FEELING all the feelings?"
Her: "No. I'm not feeling any of the things I'm supposed to be feeling."

Me: "But only in regards to mom."
Her: "Only about your mom, yes."
Me: "You lucky human. I feel that way about ALL the things, with ALL the emotions, in regards to ALL parts of life. And it's like the emotion of funny yelled at me and then I started laughing."

Her: "What did it make you laugh at?"
Me: "I was sending a text and I wrote a sentence. The sentence was inordinately funny."
Her: "What was it?"
Me: "It was 'I don't like chaotic things. They make me nervous.'"
Her: "I don't see why that's funny."
Me: "You see my point!"

No comments:

Post a Comment