Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A short story

Last night, I finished writing a short piece of fiction that took me about two days to write and that was less than 1,200 words long. It may or may not be the final project I use for my creative writing class (because, even though I'm the teacher, I did all the in-class work with my students, and I want to do the final project - a complete short story - with them because I think that's a good idea). It's a silly, pointless bit of science fiction that involves a room full of doors that all lead back to the room containing them and two scientists who really dislike each other. I'll edit it today (or at least read it and see if I can make it more coherent or somesuch) and see if it's at all worthy to submit to literary magazines. I've been lately unable to accurately determine the quality of my own work, but I suspect everyone's like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment