Friday, July 26, 2013

After going to the science museum

The science museum was brilliant. It mostly focused on astronomy and biology, which is great because those are the two sciences in which I am the most interested. Seeing the Endeavour was an absolutely amazing experience. It made the universe feel almost like a bigger place for being not entirely out of reach for us here on Earth. I got some ideas for stories and poems, and I think I ended up educating some kids who were at the museum (they were looking at exhibits excitedly and I told them a bit about what they were looking at to help them learn. One adult actually asked me if I was a teacher; I said no, I just know stuff.) I think I really did learn a lot at the museum, or at least some (there are some facts about stars and galaxies and telescopes I will retain), and that coupled with the rare opportunity to see such an important object in the history of astronomy is really fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment