Sunday, July 7, 2013

Short stories and scarf-making

Well, today's my last day in the mountains. I go back home today (in a few hours, actually).

I started and nearly finished a science fiction "short story". I say "nearly finished" simply because it's not quite finished yet, , and I use "short story" in quotes because I'm a little over 6,000 words in and I don't know if this makes it something that's not a short story or what.  It'll be regrettably hard to sell, but fortunately, it's sci-fi, and that's not amazingly hard to sell. (What's wrong with me. All I think about when writing a story is "can I get it published somewhere".)

Also, I finished making a scarf that I will probably end up selling to someone. (It's for the dad of a friend; my friend has two Doctor Who scarves that I made, one of which I financed, and he requested I make him one that was "more manly". I have no clue how to make a "manly" Tom Baker scarf given that it's already associated with a male character, but I used smaller needles and made it shorter, and maybe the obvious differences will trick him into thinking it's manlier. I'm good at tricking people into thinking things, especially if I'm supposedly an expert on said things.)

It's been a very productive holiday after all, and I'm very pleased with myself and what I've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment