Thursday, July 4, 2013

Fourth of July and anthologies

Happy Fourth of July, everybody! I'm writing this entry from Idyllwild (which is a place in the mountains in California, which is where I happen to live). I'm here on holiday for the Fourth and I seem to be getting a fair bit of writing done (including - gasp! - some fiction, something I've not been very good at for a while).

Anyhow, I've got some exciting news relating to my writing. I've previously mentioned the Romanian litmag Nazar Look, which has in the past accepted two of my poems. Well, I got something in my e-mail the other day, saying there was a contract I ought to sign. I didn't know what it was at first, but when I looked at it, I found out that it was an agreement for usage of my two poems in a poetry anthology Nazar Look is putting out. This is significant. Not only is my work going to be anthologized for the first time, the publishers asked to be able to anthologize it. This isn't like submitting something and hoping they'll accept it. It's the difference between an actor auditioning for a role and an actor being called by a film studio because they want them to play that role. Man, I love progress.

So that's how things are going. For anyone reading this who lives in America, happy Fourth of July, because independence is awesome. For anyone reading this who doesn't live in America, I'm a happy American having an American holiday. And for anyone reading this from any country, I'm personally pleased for the state of my writing career, so at least hurrah for something!

No comments:

Post a Comment